We are soliciting proposals for workshops to be held together with the 2022 British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC 2022). Workshops will take place on 29th November 2022, afternoon (i.e., half-day), at the main conference venue.
The purpose of workshops is to provide a comprehensive forum on topics that will not be fully explored during the main conference as well as to encourage in-depth discussion of technical and application issues. We also welcome “Challenge Workshops” that aim to compare new and established methods on common data sets. BMVC 2022 organizers will collect workshop registrations, provide facilities, and distribute electronic copies of the workshop proceedings.
There will be competition for workshop space, time, and topic coverage. To enable the competitive selection process, proposals must be specific and detailed in justifying relevance and viability. Proposers may be asked to provide additional information, modify aspects of their proposals, or combine their proposal with another one. Also note that publication deadlines are very tight between the main conference acceptance notification and the workshop camera-ready deadline, so proposers have to be ready to undertake all the work related to soliciting and reviewing submissions and collecting final contributions.
Proposals should be submitted on CMT by Dr Armin Mustafa: [email protected] by 05 August 2022.
Proposals should be in PDF format and include the following information:
- Workshop title.
- Proposers’ names, titles, affiliations, and primary contact email.
- Topics that will be covered.
- Background and experience that makes the proposers well suited for organizing the workshop.
- Rough program outline (estimated numbers of orals, posters, and invited talks).
- Names and bios of any invited speakers and indication of whether they have agreed to speak.
- Anticipated target audience as well as expected number of attendees.
- Description of relevance and viability.
- Description of how this proposal relates to previous workshops at BMVC/CVPR/ICCV/ECCV (be as specific as possible).
- Any special space or equipment requests.
For any questions, please contact the workshop chair, Armin Mustafa ([email protected]).